Friday, May 31, 2013

Hiker Profile: Misery

Misery, shown here in a very sub-par picture making breakfast Thursday morning, started the trail on April 1st.  He's from Buffalo, NY and he has done a lot of hiking.

I first met up with him and the guys he was hiking with just after the Smokies. He and his buddies are fast hikers, but a little erratic, so I kept catching up with them off and on.

He paid me a sincere compliment when I saw them again in Damascus. "How do you keep catching up with us? You're like a turd that won't flush!"

Since then we've traded some fine literature we found in the shelters, including an excellent book about superheroes and zombies.  (Yes, sarcasm)

He's meeting his brothers in Harpers Ferry and getting off the trail for a week...long enough to give me a head start on the northern half of the trail...just to be sporting!

No comments:

Post a Comment