Monday, January 28, 2013

Pack list: The LL Bean Catalog

So one of my sisters, who is an REI fan, gives me a hard time about all the stuff I have from LL Bean's. Fair enough, I suppose...I am from Maine, after all, and these things were either a gift or a screamin' deal from the outlet stores.

The boots are Cresta Hikers and I got them for $60 off at the outlet in Freeport. The 'down sweater' (it's synthetic) I got from the store in Bangor for a ridiculously good deal. I tried it out last weekend when the temperature was 24 degrees and it was too warm to hike in. Likewise the rain jacket; it was a Christmas gift from my mom, but she got it in Bangor for about half-price.

The wool ballcap actually came from the LL Bean store in Yokohama, Japan; my wife got it for me way back in 1997 when we were stationed in Yokosuka. I think it's a toss-up whether the ballcap or the Pocket Rocket stove is the oldest thing I'm taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment