Saturday, July 6, 2013

Mt Greylock...and the Long Trail

On the 3rd, I climbed through the mist and fog to reach Mt Greylock (which I still think is a spooky-cool archvillian name), the highest point in Mass. I didn't find the secret entrance to Dr. Evil's lair, but I'm pretty sure it's up there somewhere.

I also crossed into Vermont that day and started on the Long Trail. Here come the Green Mountains!

And just to keep you updated on the weather, it was the first day in a long while that it didn't rain at all. The fog and clouds cleared off in the afternoon. I still slogged through the mud and fought the bugs, but the sky was blue while I was doing it!

Note:  I must be in the real woods again, there's no cell coverage!  I'm posting this from atop Stratton Mountain, which has coverage because they're a ski resort!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, wonderful Rick!!
    Good Going!!
    So proud of you!!
    Keep on and be safe!!
    Love Aunt Barb

    ReplyDelete